Named in honor of St. Lucia’s iconic Piton Mountains, Piton Beer is a product of the island’s Windward and Leeward Brewery Limited, which was established by Heineken back in 1974.
Unlike Biere Lorraine from Martinique or Barbados’ Banks Beer, Piton doesn’t have a long and storied history (St. Lucians got their first taste of the brew in October 1992). What Piton lacks in history, though, it more than makes up for in thirst-quenching flavor worthy of some pretty impressive awards.
Check out the honor roll of international prizes:
• Piton Beer Silver Medal Bruxles Belgium 1993
• Piton Beer Gold Medal Paris France 1994
• Piton Shandy Lemon Grand Gold, Bruxles, Belgium. 1998.
• Piton Malta, Silver Medal, Bruxles, Belgium, 1998
• Piton Beer, Silver Medal, Prague, 2006.
• Piton Shandy Lemon, Gold Medal, Prague, 200
Not bad for a teenage beer. Anyway, I’m sure that Patrick will give us a full report on Piton soon enough. Enjoy the weekend everyone, and Happy Mother’s Day to all the Moms out there.