The Honduras government announced its prohibitions to combat the spread of the coronavirus including the closing of all borders (air, land, & sea) as of 11:59pm on March 15 for a period of 7 days:
- Work in the Public and Private Sector is suspended during the time of exception;
- Events of all kinds and numbers of people are prohibited;
- Suspension of the operation of public transport;
- The suspension of face-to-face religious celebrations is ordered;
- The operation of businesses including shopping malls is prohibited;
- The closure of all air, land and sea borders in the national territory is ordered.
People will only be able to circulate along the roads for public use to carry out the following activities:
- Acquisition of food, pharmaceuticals and basic necessities;
- Assistance to health centers, services and establishments;
- Travel to the workplace to carry out their labor, professional or business provision to the industries authorized in this same Decree;
- Return to the place of habitual residence;
- Health personnel assisting or caring for the elderly, minors, dependents, people with disabilities or especially vulnerable people; Y,
- Displacement to financial, cooperative and insurance entities;
Likewise, the circulation of private vehicles on public roads will be allowed to carry out the activities referred to in the previous section or to supply fuel.
Failure to comply with the restrictions will result in arrest.All Caribbean COVID-19 updates